Professor David McDonald is the chair of the Department of Design and Engineering at the University of Washington. He is a researcher, with interests in social computing, human-computer interaction, and computer-supported cooperative work. Other areas include collaborative anchoring and social behavior change and more information click here.
Education and Institutions
Dr. David McDonald earned his Ph.D. in Information and Computer Science from the University of California, Irvine (2000). David also holds other Master’s and Bachelor’s degrees. Some of them include:
- Bachelor of Arts from the University of California, Los Angeles, 1988.
- Masters of Science Degree from California State University, Hayward,1992
- Masters of Science Degree from University of California, Irvine,1995 and learn more about David.
Early Career Endeavors
David McDonald first worked at FX Palo Alto Labs, in the department of Personal and Mobile Technology. He later worked with AT & T Labs, in the department of Human Computer Interaction. It was later to become one of his areas of interest in research. McDonald served in other capacities as the Program Officer for NetSE, SoCS and HCC.
David McDonald’s Role in Improving OSI Sustainability
OSI Group is a global company specializing in the supplies of protein added supplements like beef patties, sandwiches, and sausage links. It has its headquarters in Aurora, Illinois. McDonald’s contribution to improving OSI sustainability could be seen in the following developments:
- Launching a beef processing plant in Poland
- Establishing a new modern feed mill in Shandong Province in the Republic of India
- Penetrating the Geneva and Hungary markets. McDonald established a global network with in-house teams and companies across the world, all to ensure the sustainability of the OSI Group
The OSI Group International
The Global-leading processors of protein supplements celebrated their 20-year China presence in September of 2012. They first opened their operation in the country in 1992, when the company began in earnest to serve McDonald’s. OSI Group single-handedly supplied 113 tons of different kinds of products including beef, pork, eggs, chicken and dehydrated onions during the 2008 world Olympics. There were zero complaints, and since then, OSI China has been widely the main reference food providers and David’s lacrosse camp.